Terms of Service
Applicant Terms of Service
I HAVE READ the information in the VIRMP Information section.
I AGREE to participate in the VIRMP and abide by the results of the match effective immediately. I also agree:
- To accept appointment to the institution with which I am matched, that institution being the highest one on my rank order list having a place available for me. I understand that I cannot avoid accepting an internship or residency to which I have been matched without a written release from that institution. Further, I understand that another institution that is participating in the VIRMP cannot accept me as an intern or resident unless I have this release. In this paragraph, the term "accept" means that I agree to be present for and begin the program to which I was matched by the VIRMP.
- To abide by the official schedule, including ranking the programs for which I have applied and completing and finalizing my confidential ranking no later than Friday, January 20, 2017.
- To pay the appropriate fee. (All payment must pay in U.S. Funds.)
- To allow ample time to enter my rankings because I understand that website and system availability may affect my opportunity to use this website.
I UNDERSTAND that the official listing of participating institutions is the online listing found on this web site which is sponsored by the American Association of Veterinary Clinicians ("AAVC").
I UNDERSTAND that I am free to contact a participating institution or private practice.
I UNDERSTAND that I have no right to request that a participating institution or private practice inform me how it plans to rank me. Likewise, no participating institution or private practice has the right to demand that I state how I plan to rank that institution or private practice.
I UNDERSTAND that any statement concerning how I intend to rank an institution or how that institution intends to rank me, which may be made during the free discussion between the institution and me, is not binding.
My finalized rank order list is the sole determinant of the order of my preference among the internship/residencies for which I have applied.
I can withdraw from this matching program prior to Friday, January 20, 2017, by signing into my account on the VIRMP website and selecting the withdraw option.
I UNDERSTAND that the VIRMP application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE if I withdraw from the matching program at any time.
I AGREE to conduct myself in conformity with the high ethical standards expected of members of the veterinary medical profession.
I ACKNOWLEGE that the application includes a requirement that I provide references, and that the VIRMP will solicit reference letters from each reference. I acknowledge that I have voluntarily provided the references submitted in my application. I acknowledge that the statements contained within a reference letter are those of the reference and not those of the American Association of Veterinary Clinicians. I acknowledge that there is a risk the reference may not provide a letter to my liking, may not recommend me for an internship or residency, or may otherwise provide a reference that could negatively impact my chance of receiving a particular internship or residency. Therefore, as a condition of participation in the VIRMP, I hereby waive, release, and fully discharge any claim for damages arising from the AAVC providing a reference letter to a participating institution, including any claim for damages based upon defamation, false light invasion of privacy, or other tort.
I UNDERSTAND that my failure to abide by these Terms of Service will result in a ban from participation in the VIRMP for a period of at least 3 years.
I UNDERSTAND that the VIRMP reserves the right to refuse service.
I AGREE that these Terms of Service shall be construed in accordance with, and governed in all respects by, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without respect to its choice of law provisions. Any dispute between the parties concerning these Terms of Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts for Montgomery County, Virginia.
IN THE EVENT either party commences litigation or other court action to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the prevailing party in such litigation or court action shall be entitled to receive reasonable attorney's fees, together with court costs, and other charges from the other party as a part of any ruling or judgment.
Institution Terms of Service
As the Representative to the VIRMP, I agree that this institution or private practice will abide by the following Terms of Service effective immediately. We understand that failure to do so will result in a ban from participation in the VIRMP for a period of at least 3 years. We understand that the VIRMP reserves the right to refuse service. We have read the information in the VIRMP Information section and we agree to:
- Provide accurate information regarding our programs and positions. We understand that providing inaccurate or misleading information about our programs and positions may release a matched applicant from their obligation to accept our position.
- Offer appointments to all applicants matched with this institution or private practice by the VIRMP.
- Make or require no commitments or contracts with applicants prior to the notification of the selections made through the VIRMP. We have no right to request that an applicant tell us how they plan to rank our program. Likewise, no applicant has the right to demand that we state how we plan to rank that applicant. We understand that any statement concerning how we intend to rank an applicant or how that applicant intends to rank us, which may be made during the free discussion between us, is not binding.
- Abide by the official schedule, including ranking applicants and entering rankings through the VIRMP website no later than Friday, January 27, 2017.
- Contact applicants matched to our institution of private practice on the day results are made available by the VIRMP.
- Not pursue or offer employment to an applicant who was matched elsewhere by the VIRMP unless that applicant has a written release from the institution or private practice to which they were matched.
- Not use the matching program to advertise for non-VIRMP programs/positions that are similar to programs/positions that we have placed in the VIRMP. By way of example, an institution or private practice may not place an internship program in the VIRMP and negotiate with VIRMP applicants prior to match day to fill additional positions in the same or similar program outside the VIRMP.
- Surgery Residencies: Failure of a program to notify applicants that the program did not receive registered status or has been placed on probation by the ACVS is grounds for a sanction by the VIRMP.
- Pay a service fee established by the AAVC.
Further, I understand that the VIRMP will send a survey to all interns matched to this institution or private practice at the conclusion of the internship to solicit the interns' opinion regarding this program. Click here for examples of the type of questions that will be included in the survey. I acknowledge that the anonymous, collated results of the survey responses for this internship will be appended to the program description for this internship in future VIRMP matches when 5 or more responses have been received.
The AAVC strongly recommends that internships end no later than July 5th, specialty internships begin on or after July 15th and residencies begin on or after July 15th.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill you specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.