Terms of Service
As the Representative to the VIRMP, I agree that this institution or private practice will abide by the following Terms of Service. We understand that failure to do so will result in a ban from participation in the VIRMP for a period of 3 years.
In particular, we agree to:
- Provide accurate information regarding our programs and positions. We understand that providing inaccurate or misleading information about our programs and positions may release a matched applicant from their obligation to accept our position.
- Offer appointments to all applicants matched with this institution or private practice by the VIRMP.
- Make or require no commitments or contracts with applicants prior to the notification of the selections made through the VIRMP. We have no right to request that an applicant tell us how they plan to rank our program. Likewise, no applicant has the right to demand that we state how we plan to rank that applicant. We understand that any statement concerning how we intend to rank an applicant or how that applicant intends to rank us, which may be made during the free discussion between us, is not binding.
- Abide by the official schedule, including ranking applicants and entering rankings through the VIRMP website no later than Friday, January 18, 2013.
- Contact applicants matched to your institution of private practice on the day results are made available by the VIRMP.
- Not pursue or offer employment to an applicant who was matched elsewhere by the VIRMP unless that applicant has a written release from the institution or private practice to which they were matched.
- Pay a service fee established by the AAVC.
The AAVC strongly recommends that internships end no later than July 5th and residencies begin on or after July 15th.
Terms of Service
I HAVE READ the information in the VIRMP Information section.
I AGREE to participate in the VIRMP and abide by the results of the match for internship/residency appointment. I understand in particular, I also agree:
- To apply for an internship/residency position only to institutions participating in the VIRMP until after the match results are announced. I understand that the official listing of participating institutions is the online listing found on this web site which is sponsored by the American Association of Veterinary Clinicians.
- To accept appointment to the institution with which I am officially matched, that institution being the highest one on my rank order list having a place available for me. I understand that I cannot avoid accepting an internship or residency to which I have been matched without a written release from that institution. Further, I understand that another institution that is participating in the VIRMP cannot accept me as an intern or resident unless I have this release.
- To abide by the official schedule, including ranking the programs for which I have applied and completing and finalizing my confidential ranking no later than Friday, January 11, 2013.
- To pay the appropriate fee. (All payment must pay in U.S. Funds.)
- To allow ample time to enter my rankings because I understand that website and system availability may affect my opportunity to use this website.
I UNDERSTAND that I am free, to contact a participating institution or private practice.
I UNDERSTAND that I have no right to request that a participating institution or private practice inform me how it plans to rank me. Likewise, no participating institution or private practice has the right to demand that I state how I plan to rank that institution or private practice.
I UNDERSTAND that any statement concerning how I intend to rank an institution or how that institution intends to rank me, which may be made during the free discussion between the institution and me, is not binding.
My finalized rank order list is the sole determinant of the order of my preference among the internship/residencies for which I have applied.
I can resign from this matching program prior to Friday, January 11, 2013, by signing into my account on the VIRMP website and selecting the withdraw option.
I UNDERSTAND that the VIRMP application fee is NON-REFUNDABLE if I resign from the matching program at any time.
I AGREE to conduct myself in conformity with the high ethical standards expected of members of the veterinary medical profession.
I UNDERSTAND that my failure to abide by these Terms of Service will result in a ban from participation in the VIRMP for a period of 3 years.